20 Realities I Strongly Believe – 11-15
This next set of realities that I strongly believe focuses our eyes on the solution instead of the problem. “If God is for us then who can be against us?” Paul asks that in Romans 8. The answer is that there is a lot against us like our flesh, our fallen world and demonic forces of evil. However, all three of those enemies pale in comparison to who our God is.
- I believe that the One who is in us, the Holy Spirit, is infinitely greater than he who is in the world and His purpose is to transform us into godly men who do not walk in the flesh but who bear His fruit, manifest His gifts to edify the Church, and be God’s light in the darkness of our world.
“You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.”
- I believe that there is absolutely nothing that can separate us from the Grace and Love of God and where sin abounds the grace of God abounds even more.
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- I believe that we are all new creations in Christ, the old has passed and the new has come. We MUST stop identifying ourselves with our old sin nature are proclaim daily that we are new creations in Christ regardless of how terrible we may feel.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
- I believe that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are 100% committed to the transformation of every one of their children with the end result being our being conformed to the image of Christ. (They want to make us like Jesus.)
“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.”
“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son.”
- I believe that every day and many times during each day, every one of us has a choice to make regarding WHO will be our Master. Jesus who gives us life or sin that brings death.
“In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.”
Therefore, I know from Scripture that …
- the Holy Spirit permanently dwells within us,
- there is nothing at all that can separate us from the love of God,
- we are all new creations in Christ and
- that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are 100% committed to our transformation …
- we must make a daily choice of who our master will be